Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Rockford Files: Introduction

I'm Karalin, currently a SAHM with three young boys in Rockford, Illinois. DS5 will be starting public school Kindergarten at the end of August, so that will be a huge change for us. DS3 is a VERY typical 3 year old right now. He and his older brother fight ALL OF THE TIME, but are also the first to come to each other's defense against other people (including me!). DS4months is a sweetie. He is so good-natured, sleeps through the night, patiently waits for his meals while I settle the older two into their next activity.

I was a first grade teacher in a public school before I had children and I LOVED it! But I always knew that I wanted to be home with my kids. I couldn't wrap my head around the idea of paying someone else to watch my kids for most of their waking hours while I went and took care of OTHER people's children. Not for me. So, here I am five years later. It has gone by so fast!

So, that's me in a nutshell. I have some stories and some questions that I'll share or ask later. But right now I need to finish my menu plan/grocery list so that I can head to the store after I next nurse the baby.

Thanks Patty and April for letting me join in!

Stay tuned for a straight-from-the-trenches experience I had a couple of weeks ago...

1 comment:

Kh. Patty said...

I'm looking forward to your input, Karalin! And I can't wait to her your story. :)