Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Not Working


I like to plan. I like to plan more than I like to put my plans into practice. So I end up procrastinating actually doing what's on my plan to keep planning. Nothing gets done that way.

Another hitch in my planning is that my plans are dependent on the sleeping schedules of two other little people. And like the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, once you enter the situation and try to measure or categorize what's going on, you change it.

So of course just when I thought I had a good schedule going with my toddler, my baby decides it's time to start crawling. She doesn't want to sleep any more -- she wakes herself up and wants to crawl around the bed.

My hopes for the organization and high that come with working isn't materializing yet. But it may be that I'm just having an off day: it's raining, so no park for the kids; I slept in, so I lost a few hours; and I've been procrastinating up a storm, so I lost a few more hours.

Argh. Ok. Deep breath. Don't linger worrying about what you didn't do perfectly. What can I do now to get back on track?
  • Check my schedule
  • At least I am dressed and so are my kids.
  • Figure out what to do with Maggie to wear her out for her nap.
  • Start dinner in the crock pot.
  • Look at budget and plan for a couple of extra expenses tonight.
  • Write like mad as soon as the kids are sleeping.
Deep breath.

Here I go.

(Photo: freefoto.com)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I'll do my part by not bugging you with chatting (unless I have something REALLY hilarious or interesting to tell you!).

I think we're 2 peas in a pod. I am perpetually in a procrastination cycle! I can relate to what you said about dwelling on the things that didn't go right. When I realize I've gotten off schedule of wasted time, I waste more time moping about it. the truth is, we can always turn our day around and get that "job well done" high!