Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A rare opportunity for a rambling post!

This may be very random, but I have both little ones sleeping, the only sound I hear is the hum/rattle of the dryer. (The dryer is almost constantly running in this house.) I was thinking this morning about how I baby my baby. She is almost 20 months old, and I still carry and hold her a lot. She is small for her age, and I know she is my last baby, so that is part of it. Sometimes I feel guilty that maybe I am "spoiling" her...but I know she will only be tiny for a little while, so I am cherishing the times that I can hold and squish and cuddle her.
I've also been thinking about the blessing of the older seasons of childhood. My oldest two are able (not always willing, but able!) to help a lot more, and it frees me up for things I have to get done sometimes. Some days-SOME, not all-it is actually easier having 4 kids than it was having 2. I can have one of the older ones entertain and watch when I have to run out to the van and get something. I can have one of the older ones buckle or unbuckle the younger ones' car seats, too. I know sometimes they really hate having to help, but I hope they are learning about compassion and about family working together.
Well, there was the buzz of the dryer. I should fold that laundry now while it is peaceful, and then...I am actually contemplating taking a nap! That doesn't happen often! :) I wish you all a grand afternoon.

No comments: