Friday, May 30, 2008

The Microwaved-Coffee Cycle


Pour morning coffee. Get sidetracked and forget to drink it.

Stumble upon 3/4-full cup sometime later.

Sip. Too cold; doesn't taste right. Microwave.

Sip. Still doesn't taste right; lukewarm. Intend to keep drinking it, but forget.

Sip. Too cold; doesn't taste right. Microwave.

Sip. Too hot, burnt my tongue, and still doesn't taste right. Forget about it.

Reach for 1/2-full cup again.

Sip. Too cold; doesn't taste right. Microwave....
(Photo: freephotos.com)

2 comments:

The Woods of Wisconsin said...

Hmmmmmm --- I thought microwaved coffee was "eeeewww" I see you've degenerated to our level! ;) But at least you don't do like Baba... she takes leftover coffee home from church and microwaves it for several days afterward! Love, Mom

Kh. Patty said...

Hmmm... actually, if there is enough leftover coffee at church, my dear husband does just that.

And see, I don't actually LIKE microwaved coffee, but I'm lazy and also don't want to waste... so I just keep microwaving it and not drinking it instead of starting from scratch.